When you create a site, Webydo automatically assigns it a name, which appears in the Site Title parameter of the Settings dialog box (a name similar to site9260363). This is your site’s internal sub-domain name in Webydo.
When you are ready to open the website to the public, you should attach it to a domain of your own. Note: attaching a domain name is only possible if you have a plan purchased.
Step 1: Add the Domain to Webydo Site Settings
1. Access Webydo's Dashboard and then click the + Add A Domain button for the site.
2. This will open Site Settings on the Domain & Email Tab.
3. Click the Add a New Domain button:
4. Write your domain name in the input field that just appeared and click Continue.
5. Repeat this step until all domains are added. Be sure that you add every domain in twice. Once with and once without www.
Example: mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com
6. Our system will automatically check to make sure your DNS settings are connected properly.
7. If your Status is "Waiting for domain registrar connection" this means you need to modify your domain's settings.
8. If your status is "Domain Registrar Connection Successful" then your domain is connected properly, and you can skip to Step 3.
Step 2: Modifying your 123 Reg DNS Settings
2. In the Domain names section, select the relevant domain name in the drop-down list and click Manage.
3. Scroll down to the Advanced Domain Settings section and click on the Manage DNS link
4. Choose the Advanced DNS tab
5. Select "A" from the Type drop-down list in the Add new entry section:
6. Enter in the following details and click Add new entry:
Record Type: A (Host)
Points to: 188.8.131.52
TTL: 1 Hour
7. Select "CNAME" from the Type drop-down list in the Add new entry section:
8. Enter in the following details and click Add new entry:
Points to: secure.design-editor.com
TTL: 1 Hour
Step 3: Publish your Site
1. Close 123 Reg and go back to your Webydo Dashboard.
2. The link icon and status should automatically now show the domain is connected.
3. Close site settings, and click Edit SIte to open your studio.
4. Click PUBLISH in the top right corner - and your site will now be live on your domain!