How do I add eWay as a payment processor?
eWay is an online payment processing company working in Australia, New Zealand and UK.
How to set up
In order to enable and use eWay Hosted Payment Page as a payment option, please follow these steps:
1. Create a eWay merchant account
- Australian gateway: www.eway.com.au
- New Zealand gateway: www.eway.co.nz
- United Kingdom gateway: www.eway.co.uk
2. Enable this payment method
- Open your Webydo Store Control Panel.
- Go to the "Settings → Payment" page. Change the Payment Processor value of the "Credit Card" payment method to "eWay V3 Responsive Shared Page". Save the changes.
3. Configure your eWay account
- Go to the "Settings → Payment" page.
- Click the "[Account Details]" link near the eWay payment method.
- Enter your API key and API password into the text fields and save
You can get your eWay credentials in your eWay merchant account on My account -> API key page:
I see a sale in the eWay backend, but it isn't showing in my Webydo store
If you see an order in eWay and don't see it in your Webydo store, this means that the customer paid for the order on eWay side but did not come back to the store to the "Thank you for your order" page. In this case you get paid but the order is recorded as Unfinished and can be seen on Unfinished sales tab on My Sales page.
You can make the customers come back to the store and complete the orders so that they show as Paid on the Sales page.
Go to your eWay account -> Settings -> Shared page, scroll to "Redirect After Payment Processing" and check "Redirect to merchant website" and save.
eWay Australia and your currency
If you use an Australian account, please make sure that your store currency is the same as the currency in the eWay merchant account; otherwise, your customers may get incompatible currency errors when trying to pay via eWay.
How can I make a test payment?
To test how eWay works once you set it up you can place a test order in your own store as a customer using one of the test credit card numbers listed here: Test Credit Card Numbers